Jewels, cut flowers, lavish gifts, and gold! These are Gift Ideas For Mother’s Day! Or, are they?
Believe it or not, what Mom wants has little to do with money and is much more about experiences, pampering, and practicality.
In an informal poll of 65 moms, we learned practical gifts outnumbered impractical 25 to 1. That is pretty strong evidence for practicality!
Gift Ideas For Mother’s Day
What a Mom wants, what a mom needs
Whatever makes her happy sets you free
And I’m thankin’ you for knowin’ exactly.
I know, I know, it isn’t REALLY how that song goes but we’re talking moms. Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Do you know what the mom in your life wants? No worries! We are here to help with gift ideas for Mom!
The gift ideas in this list are real ideas from real moms! They are meant to get your creative juices flowing so you can make Mother’s Day extra special for the mom in your life!
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase through an affiliate link, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Disclosure.
Experience Ideas For Mom
Moms just want to have fun! Give the mom in your life an experience she won’t soon forget!
- No Saying ‘Mom’ all day! Dad is in charge today! No need to ask Mom!
- Go For A Family Walk
- Take A Family Hike
- Go Camping
- Have A Family Picnic
- Take Mom Out To Eat
- Give Mom A Day With The Girls
- Let Mom Hear You Laugh!
Pampering Ideas For Mom
I’m not talking manicures and pedicures, I’m talking go out of your way to take care of mom on her special day. Do the dishes, tell her to kick up her feet and watch her favorite home improvement show. Or, better yet, turn on the Hallmark channel and enjoy a movie with her!
Moms spend their days devoted to their families. Take a day to pamper the mom in your world!
- Wash Mom’s Car
- Gift Mom A Hair Cut
- Give Mom An Entire Day Off To Do As She Pleases
- Clean The House
- Let Her Sleep In – THIS was a huge hit!
- Treat Mom To Breakfast In Bed (after she’s slept in, of course)
- Family Dinner At Home – NOT made by Mom
- Arrange A Massage For Mom
- Give Her Time Alone – Mom needs time to recharge!
- Let Her Nap
Practical Gift Ideas For Mom
Moms LOVE practical gifts! The possibilities are endless.
Help Mom get ready for those sunny days! Coolibar is my absolute favorite for sunwear. As a melanoma survivor, I leaned heavily on Coolibar shirts when we took a 21 day road trip through all the sunny states. If your mom spends a lot of time outdoors or you have a sunny vacation on the horizon, one of these shirts is for her. Protect the skin you’re in!
The sun is shining! Yay! Only bummer is that streaky windshield that shows all it’s glory on those sun-shiny days. I don’t know about you but I tend to be streak-free challenged. Doesn’t matter how many stinking times I clean that windshield, it’s still streaky in the right sunlight. I can’t say I’ve had the privilege of trying out this Windshield Wonder, but I’m hoping to soon!
Listed below are just a few practical gift ideas Moms have suggested! Pay close attention to the mom in your life to discover her practical desires!
- Comfy Pajamas
- Food Saver
- Hand Mixer
- Cookie Scoops
Your mom wants something ‘Her’! She wants to know you put thought into her gift! She is thrilled to discover you’ve listened to her desires throughout the year.
Gift Ideas Moms Love
- Anything Homemade – Hands down, Moms cherish anything homemade. The best gift ever is a handmade card from those you love! Draw a picture. It doesn’t matter if you’re 5 or 25, draw a picture!
- Potted Plant
- Flowers for the Garden
- Cut Flowers
- Hanging Baskets – Hanging flower baskets just make you smile every time you pull in the driveway. Ordinarily, I’m not much for anything that dies and you throw away. Talk about wasted money. Hanging baskets are different though. You get to enjoy them for a few months and they brighten up your home and your smile!
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
If we learned anything from our informal Mother’s Day poll, we learned moms want to sleep in, eat a meal with family they didn’t prepare, and be treated with something homemade or practical! It’s her day and she would love nothing more than to hear the laughter of her children!
More than anything, the mom in your life wants YOU to be HAPPY! If you’re happy, we’re happy! Ain’t no doubt about it!