Just because they’re in college doesn’t mean they can’t have a little Christmas Advent Calendar FUN!
Christmas Advent Calendar For College Students
This is not your traditional Advent Calendar with cute little boxes that fit perfectly in another box. NOPE! This Advent Calendar is an assortment of small gifts to wrap and adhere Advent Calendar Numbers to!
We plan to send the first 14 gifts to open at college and will have the rest waiting at home when she arrives!
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase through an affiliate link, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Disclosure.
Advent Calendar Supplies
- Printer – I just purchased this one and it is ah-mazing!
- Card Stock & Adhesive Applicator or Sticker Paper
- Advent Calendar Printables – found below
- 1/8″ Hole Punch (for Christmas Light Banner)
- Jute (for Christmas Light Banner)
- Scissors and Paper Cutter (optional)
- Priority Mail Regional Rate Box – B1
- Click-N-Ship Single Labels
- Stuff to put in the Christmas Advent Calendar Box <<< Ideas listed below.
What To Put In The Christmas Advent Calendar For College Students
I asked my college freshman daughter to help me out with this project. I know, I know … she won’t be surprised by a lot of these Advent Calendar gifts but I needed the expert! Plus, she will be thrilled to actually GET these fun little items we’ve picked out!
Listed below are Advent Calendar Ideas for College Students, picked by our very own College Student!
We hope it inspires you to create your own Advent Calendar YOUR way!
- Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles
- Lindt Lindor Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Stress Balls
- Pop It Fidget Game
- Faux Succulent
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
- Burt’s Bees Holiday Gift Set
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes
- Burt’s Bees Detoxifying Charcoal Sheet Mask
- Clean and Clear Oil Control Film
- Scunci Hair Bands
- Post-It Flags
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
- Ache Cream
- Screen Cleaner
- Grocery Store Gift Card
- Keurig K-Cups
- Favorite Book
These are items we found at our local Target:
- Play Foam
- Travel Pack of Christmas Tissues
- Yoobi Mini Stickers
- Yoobi Plush Push Pins
- Yoobi Stamp Set
- Rudolph Adhesive Bandages
- It’s a Surprise Toy – unwrap to reveal a surprise!
- Happy Binder Clips
- Kirby Squishme
My college freshman asked for coloring pages to help her de-stress. I’m all about helping her to have less stress so I’m including this Christmas Coloring Page in her Advent Box.
A few of these Gift Ideas I was able to split up and use for my son too!
How To Use The Christmas Advent Calendar Printables
- Print the Advent Calendar Box Printables on card stock.
- Cut out the Christmas shapes.
- Hole punch the Christmas lights and thread jute through them to create a banner.
- Use an adhesive applicator to adhere the box décor to your Advent Calendar Box flaps.
- Gather 24 small Advent Calendar Gifts.
- Choose which style Advent Calendar Numbers you like. Do you want to cut shapes or want the straight forward squares you can cut with a paper cutter? Print and cut your choice. Place numbers 1 – 24 out, in a row.
- Place gifts in the order you would like them to be opened, next to the numbers.
- Wrap each gift and attach the number.
- Place gifts in your decorated Advent Calendar box and mail!
You did it! Just load your Advent Calendar Gifts into the box to send to your college student!
But WAIT … only send the Advent Gifts for the days your college student will be at school. Save the rest for when they come home!
For example … my college freshman will come home December 15th. I will send Advent Gifts 1 – 14 and keep Advent Gifts 15 – 24 here, at home!
Get Your Christmas Advent Calendar For College Students Printables Here
Pre-Made Advent Calendar Options
If making an advent calendar isn’t your thing, there are plenty of great pre-made options available! Advent calendars come in all shapes and sizes from LEGO, to Funko Pop, or the classic Advent with chocolates. There is an advent calendar for everyone.
Toy/Figurine Advent Calendars
- LEGO Marvel The Avengers Advent Calendar
- LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar
- Funko Pop! Pokemon Advent Calendar
- Funko Pop! Harry Potter Advent Calendar
Classic Candy/Chocolate Advent Calendars
- Godiva Chocolatier Advent Calendar
- Cadbury Heroes Advent Calendar
- Lindt Wintercountry Advent Calendar
Miscellaneous Advent Calendars
More College Resources
How To Send A College Care Package The Smart Way
Thanksgiving Care Package For College Students
How To Make Your College Transition Easier For Your Mom
23 DIY Advent Calendars for Christmas You Need to See - Nicole Leilani Blog
Wednesday 10th of November 2021
[…] kid in your life? Don’t forget to send the holiday joy to them while they are away at school. Sunshine & Rainy Days put together a fantastic post with ideas and printables to ensure your college student is […]