Welcome to the Thanksgiving Trivia Game Extravaganza! It’s that time of year when we give thanks for good food, great company, and incorporate a little friendly competition. While the turkey’s in the oven and the table’s set with all the fixings, it’s the perfect moment to spice up your holiday celebration with a side dish of trivia and laughter. Here, I’ll serve up a generous helping of fun, share the rules of the game, and even offer delightful Thanksgiving trivia printables to make your feast a true feast for thought. Let’s dive in and make this year’s gathering one to gobble about!
The Thanksgiving Trivia Game Includes The Following
- Game Rules
- 6 pages of Trivia Cards (8 per page) for a total of 48 Trivia Cards
How To Use The Thanksgiving Game
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase through an affiliate link, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Disclosure.
- Print the Trivia Game on card stock.
- Cut the Trivia Cards. (I like to use a corner rounder punch on my cards.)
- Choose one person to read the Trivia Questions.
- The first person who answers the question, correctly, gets the Trivia Card.
- The person with the most Trivia Cards, at the end, wins!
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions And Answers
The point of this game is to induce laughter and fun! The trivia answers are mostly easy, on purpose. The challenging part of this game is to see who can get the answer out the fastest.
With 48 trivia cards, you have the option to use just the ones you like best!
- What is the traditional main course of a Thanksgiving meal? Answer: Turkey
- Which U.S. President declared Thanksgiving a national holiday? Answer: Abraham Lincoln
- What is the day after Thanksgiving often referred to as? Answer: Black Friday
- What is the term for the decorative centerpiece often shaped like a horn, symbolizing abundance? Answer: Cornucopia
- In which state was the first Thanksgiving celebrated? Answer: Massachusetts
- What is the most common pie served on Thanksgiving? Answer: Pumpkin Pie
- Which American tribe celebrated the first Thanksgiving with the Pilgrims? Answer: Wampanoag
- What is the traditional side dish made from bread and often cooked inside the turkey? Answer: Stuffing
- Which city is famous for its annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Answer: New York
- Which U.S. State produces the most turkeys for Thanksgiving? Answer: Minnesota
- What is the official NFL team that hosts a Thanksgiving game every year? Answer: Detroit Lions
- Who is typically responsible for pardoning a turkey in the United States? Answer: The President
- What is the traditional beverage served on Thanksgiving? Answer: Apple Cider
- What was the name of the second ship that sailed to Plymouth alongside the Mayflower? Answer: Speedwell
- What hardy flower is often used as a Thanksgiving decoration? Answer: Chrysanthemum (often referred to as mums)
- Name two traditional colors associated with Thanksgiving. Answer: Orange, Yellow, Red, Brown
- Which holiday is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States? Answer: Thanksgiving
- What Thanksgiving tradition often follows the feast due to the satisfying meal? Answer: A Nap
- The first _______ took place in 1621. Answer: Thanksgiving
- What was the original intended destination of the Mayflower? Answer: Northern Virginia
- In what city did the first Thanksgiving take place? Answer: Plymouth
- How long did the first Thanksgiving last? Answer: 3 Days
- What is a Thanksgiving meat alternative? Answer: Tofurky
- What survival skills did the Native Americans teach the Pilgrims? Answer: Fishing, Hunting, and Farming
- What month does Thanksgiving take place in the United States? Answer: November
- What month is Thanksgiving celebrated in Canada? Answer: October
- Adriaen Valerius wrote this famous Thanksgiving hymn. What is the name of the song? Answer: We Gather Together
- What is the name of the ship that transported the Pilgrims to the New World in 1620? Answer: Mayflower
- What is a common name for high school American football games held on Thanksgiving or over Thanksgiving weekend? Answer: Turkey Bowl
- Squanto, a Native American woman, is said to have served as what between the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag tribe? Answer: Translator and Mediator
- What is the term for a large, festive meal enjoyed with family and friends on Thanksgiving? Answer: Thanksgiving Feast
- What is the name of the U.S. Department store known for its Thanksgiving Day Parade? Answer: Macy’s
- Which holiday immediately follows Thanksgiving in the United States? Answer: Christmas
- What is the name of the rock where the Mayflower Pilgrims first set foot in the New World? Answer: Plymouth Rock
- What traditional Thanksgiving dessert is made with sweet potatoes, sugar, and spices? Answer: Sweet Potato Pie
- What is the name of the Saturday following Thanksgiving (known for its shopping discounts)? Answer: Small Business Saturday
- What is the term for the morning event, held on Thanksgiving Day, that features a parade of giant helium balloons, floats, and performers? Answer: Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- What is the traditional American holiday that celebrates the harvest and blessings of the past year? Answer: Thanksgiving
- What is a group of domesticated turkeys called? Answer: Rafter or a Gang
- Male turkeys make this sound. What is it? Answer: Gobble
- Which ocean did the Mayflower cross to get to the New World? Answer: Atlantic Ocean
- How long was the Mayflower’s voyage from England to America? Answer: Approximately 66 Days
- Which state produces the most amount of cranberries? Answer: Wisconsin
- Which U.S. State consumes the most turkey per person? Answer: California
- Which two NFL football teams always play on Thanksgiving? Answer: The Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys
- What sport is commonly associated with Thanksgiving? Answer: Football
- What product owes its existence to Thanksgiving? Answer: Frozen TV Dinners
- What does the cornucopia symbolize? Answer: Abundance, Prosperity, and a Bountiful Harvest
Thanksgiving Game Prize Ideas
It would be fun to have a prize or two on hand for the Thanksgiving Trivia Game winner and maybe even the second-place winner. A prize that fits the occasion, like a journal, turkey jerky, or you could even gift something humorous like a pumpkin pie hat. If you really want to see guests working hard, I suggest giving cash as a prize!
Make your Thanksgiving gathering one worth remembering by providing fun activities and games your guests will love!
Get Your Thanksgiving Trivia Game Here!
As the pumpkin pie plates are cleared and the last bit of stuffing disappears, remember that Thanksgiving is all about creating cherished moments with loved ones. Our Thanksgiving Trivia Game adds an extra dash of fun to your holiday recipe. So, from our table to yours, we hope you’ll enjoy this adventure in knowledge, and that your Thanksgiving celebration is filled with laughter, gratitude, and a side of trivia that brings everyone a little light-hearted fun.
More Thanksgiving Games
- Guess How Many Thanksgiving Game
- Turkey Traits Showdown: Who Is Most Like a Turkey Thanksgiving Game
Hi! I’m Bridget Jo!
I create printables and DIYs to help you organize your life and celebrate the special occasions! It’s my mission to inspire you to get creative and find joy in the everyday!