It’s no secret that money is the gift of choice for most graduates but you’re hoping to find a creative way to give a Money Gift For Graduation. Look no further! We’ve got Grad Cash tags and a fun idea to help you celebrate the graduate in your life.
Grad Cash Supplies
This post contains affiliate links. When you purchase through an affiliate link, we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Disclosure.
- Ball Jam Jar – I found the jam jar to be just the right size for 10 bills
- Black Card Stock – for graduation cap
- White Card Stock – for Grad Cash Tag
- Brad – for the top of graduation cap
- Yellow Embroidery Floss – for the tassel
- 1/4″ Ribbon – to tie around cash
- Glue Spots or Adhesive – to adhere the graduation cap
- Grad Cash Printable – found below
- 1/8″ hole punch
How To Make Your Own Grad Cash Money Gift
- Roll And Tie Off Your Cash
I like to use a pencil to roll the cash and tie it with 1/4″ ribbon to look like a rolled diploma. In this jar, ten bills fit quite nicely. You could fit more but 10 filled it fine. You can make this gift fit your budget, depending on the bills you put inside!
- Cut A 1/2″ x 11″ Strip From Black Card Stock And Wrap Around The Lid Ring, Using Glue Spots, To Adhere
I used glue spots to adhere this piece. You may have another adhesive that would work just as good!
- Cut A 4″ x 4″ Square From Black Card Stock For The Graduation Cap
Find the center of your 4 x 4 inch square and poke a hole, using a needle. Then, poke the brad through the hole.
- Adhere The Graduation Cap To The Jam Jar Ring
I used glue spots on the top of the jam jar ring and pressed the top of the graduation cap on top. It’s important to not glue the graduation cap to the center of the jam jar lid … just to the ring.
- Create A Tassel
Unravel a bit of your embroidery floss to attach your tassel to the brad on top of the graduation cap and to tie around the top of the tassel. You can make two small tassels out of one embroidery floss. Tie each end with a 5″ piece of embroidery thread. Next, tie a piece around the neck of each end, about 1/2″ down. Then, cut the floss loop in half. You now have two small tassels!
- Attach The Tassel To The Graduation Cap
Tie off the loose ends of the tassel to create a loop. Tuck the loop under the brad and let the tassel hang off the side of the graduation cap.
- Print And Attach The Grad Cash Printable
I used a 1/8 inch hole punch at the top of the tag and an extra piece of embroidery floss to tie it onto the neck of the jam jar.
That’s it! You now have a fun way to give cash to the graduate in your life! It’s a gift that can fit any budget. You get to decide!